Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Style/Blanche Neige


And then, there was white.
I finally finished taking my hair from almost black to almost white this past weekend.

Because the bleaching process is so rough on your hair, I had to live with a weird yellow color for a month while I waited to finish the process. Such a relief to have this done, like, holy shit.
 The bad news is this is probably as white as it's ever going to get. I was aiming for a pure, ghostly white, but alas, it's not to be. I had this done by my trusted hairdresser Leslie, who I've been going to since I was 15 and is not only super awesome, but knows my hair better than anyone.
 Not only do I have a ton of hair but apparently the actual, physical strands are thicker than most and don't take to lifting color without extreme damage. The first time we tried this, it took four bleachings to get to yellow. My scalped ached. Still...fuck. 
What you're looking at here isn't the final product though - it's pre-clarifying shampoo, which helps take a lot of the yellow out, so it's much more even looking right now.



I've been wearing a lot of black lately and I'm loving the contrast that it creates. I have a weird skin tone that doesn't mesh well with black so I've always shot more towards navy, but this is really making me crave monochrome black.
It's also fun to wear deep red lips and be a little more Gwen Stefani and a little less Daria.
(The red/platinum look will always belong to Gwen, not Gaga. GET IT RIGHT, PEOPLE.)
This is way better than it was, though. Here's a super-hot, super high-quality Uniqlo selfie before pic:

                                              Only the finest in photojournalism for you! 
                                      That poor woman was just trying to buy some goddamn socks :(


                     To answer the obvious question: yes, I am definitely having way more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment