Monday, January 20, 2014

Style/In The Desert



Still kind of thinking about the time I spent in the Arizona desert a few weeks ago. I've actually never been in a desert in my life, and coming from Manhattan the change in territory was especially jarring. At home I have a decent view of the Hudson from my bedroom window. On particularly foggy days you can't see New Jersey and you get the impression that the world cuts out there - poetics aside, I am not used to being able to see distant spaces.

Clothes wise, though, it was great to be able to experiment with my S/S wardrobe in January. I'm obsessed with white during the warmer months.

I like the visual simplicity of white and a baggier jean. These are hanging off my hips and making my legs look pretty short but I don't hate it. White sneakers were a matter of function over form but I don't hate that either.
My hair is no longer that smooth nor shiny nor brown.

Tee: J.Crew
Belt: Thrifted + Falling to piecs
Jeans: Target
Sneakers: Leather converse lows
Bag: Herschel*
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

*The brown strap on the bag was a mistake and I hated it, but I'm warming up to it. Considering replacing.


No comments:

Post a Comment