Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Inspriation/Summer 2014 Inspo

Warning: I suck at Blogger, so this post is super, um, long

Something I do when I have a really gross excess of free time and a creative itch is create inspiration collections for the aesthetic I'm kind of interested in, or for just things I'm really feeling that season or period of my life. I usually use Pinterest for visuals, but I'll also usually have an iTunes playlist and all of the files collected together in a folder. They cover everything from clothing to "lifestyle" to just images I'm really liking. It's probably super nerdy, but it's also ridiculously fun. Honestly it's so hodge podge and personal and incoherent that I doubt it makes any real sense, so I don't know, whatever. It's fun, so, you know. Here's mine for this summer. 

This year's motifs: Adventure, duh. Also, a more muted color palette: navy, cream, gray. Drawing images from nature. Celebration of the body - immodest in the sense that you're showing a lot of unabashed skin, but modest in the sense that it's more sensual than sexual. More relaxed fits, all very soft and calm, but definitely still that element of #menswear I'll never grow out of. Clothing that embraces that ease of movement and playfulness I've talked about in the tomboy post - again, adventuring clothes, but somehow quieter. 








 






























No comments:

Post a Comment