Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Life/Currently:

This is more of a picture of peach juice than it is a book. Photography skills ahoy!


Reading: Fashion: A Philosophy by Lars Svendsen. I still haven't booked my flight to France and I have a huge test this week, so naturally it was time to start a book I can't put down. But really... I can't put it down. I am NOT a philosophy person. I tried, because I felt like Kant's Beauty and Sublime stuff would be good to read, but I would rather chew broken glass than slough through that shit. But Svendsen, no! Super enjoyable. In the next few weeks I'll probably do a chapter by chapter run down, but suffice to say that Svendsen takes us through a really great analysis of what exactly fashion is and what it means to follow it. It's either superb or I'm developing Stockholm Syndrome from my philosophy-heavy courses this semester. Or both! 

Listening: Can't get enough of Lykke Li these days. Ever since I saw Blue is the Warmest Color (...with my mom...hahaha), Wounded Rhymes has been on constant repeat. Every one of her songs has this perfect heavy use of synth that I love, but I'm one of those people that needs solid vocals to hold my interest (with the notable exception of Washed Out), and Wounded Rhymes is, like, A+.
Wearing: Not a down parka! 65 and sunny today, couldn't you just die? Spent today holed up in my favorite cafe drinking peach juice and listening to Sublime on the stereo. Don't think I've ever craved summer so hard. It doesn't help that I am super over my F/W wardrobe. Expect fit pics to come, but expect them to come sooner if this weather holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment